Subscribe to Dr. Tami’s weekly newsletter for the latest health info and tips!
Did you know that Alzheimer’s has been called diabetes type 3?
Limit the amount of sugar and foods that turn quickly and easily into sugar like pasta, bread and rice. Sugar can appear in lost of places; here are a few to begin to look, in order to limit your intake:
- Drink powders, soft drinks and other sweetened beverages
- Flavored yogurts
- Dried fruits
- Spreads and jams
- Condiments such as BBQ sauce and ketchup
- Sweet treats such as cookies, cakes, and ice cream
Sugar is a treat and make sure that you are fully present when you enjoy these things. So many times we are eating while doing another tasks that we rarely even remember the texture or the taste. Savor your treats and if you are eating sugar every day, it is no longer a treat!
Success is much greater when we replace rather than remove, here are some suggestions for replacement of the above sugar-laden snacks:
- Fruit infused or sparkling water
- Plain yogurts with fresh fruit
- Fresh whole fruits
- Homemade spreads, jams and condiments